Best Prices on Planter Boxes and Raised Beds!
Buy recycled - Save the Planet!
- Low Prices 25% - 100% lower prices (low price guarantee)
- Custom Sizes Built to your dimensions (outside for Length, Width)
- Built Stronger Strong enough to sit or stand on rails
- Flexible Design Pop out floor to use as raised bed
- Arrangements Boxes are stackable for compact patios
- Comfort Design Wide rails for seating. 3" wide is standard and makes great seat
- Last Longer Patent Pending Heavy Duty Tongue and Groove Construction. Our planters have vertical boards in the side panels that do not have nails or screws tacking the boards to the rails (you do not see a long row of screws or nail holes). The boards are allowed to "float" in the deep groove so that they do not split and crack with the expansion and contraction of the wet / dry cycles. This special design coupled with the non toxic plastic liner makes the planter last 3 or 4 times longer. A 7 year lifespan becomes a 20 - 30 year lifespan. Also it is important to use woods other than cedar for the rails (too weak and splits easily over time) and to protect the railing wood with a non-toxic sealant because moisture moving in and out of the railings will speed up failure particularly in the lower corners (on vertical board in side panel designs).
- Grow Better All of our planters come with a polyethylene plastic to line the inside walls. This creates a planter that lasts a long time and the soil stays consistently moist which means more microbes to feed the roots of your plants which means higher yields. And our raised beds and boxes have drainage holes which act as air vents to bring in the nitrogen and oxygen the healthy microbes prefer. So the combination of compost rich soil and water that remains in the soil and the availability of air helps with maximal growth and yield (Polyethylene is cutting board plastic and is completely safe for food. It is also not dependent upon oil ... it can be manufactured from sugar cane, wheat, and sugar beets).
- Option 4" or 6" wide top rail comfort seating
- Option We make lids for bench seating
- Option Wheels allow easy movement (add $25 - $45)
Planter Boxes & Raised Beds in San Diego and Southern California
How big / deep should my raised bed or garden box be? For most vegetables 12 inches deep, for tomatoes and large squash 18 inches deep, for herbs and small flowers 8 inches deep, and as long and wide as you can afford. Bigger is better (up to 8ft long x 4 ft wide for raised beds and 8ft long x 3 ft wide for boxes) because the best garden soil is 1) full or organic material, 2) constantly moist and sponge-like, 3) contains plenty of minerals, 4) drains away from the roots, and 5) has a thriving population of healthy micro-organisms. This type of soil delivers a constant flow of nutrients to your plants. Potted plants just can't do this very well unless you constantly tend to them because they run low on nutrients and heat up and dry out quickly and the micro organisms die off and have to grow back all over again. Use one of our boxes or raised beds that is at least 12 inches deep, line the sides with black plastic (to keep in the moisture), fill with 50% compost and 50% garden soil, add manure which is nutritionally rich, cheap, and nitrogen rich if composted. Do this and the soil will stay moist and the micro-organisms and your plants will flourish. You just can't beat the prices of our beautiful raised beds and garden boxes for deep healthy soil.
Why buy recycled?
Climate Change : National Academy of Sciences video
The more emotional plea (the deceptive economics of Big Oil)
Every year hundreds of thousands of tons of wood gets buried in our landfills and we continue to cut forests faster than they grow. This problem is especially bad for our redwood and cedar forests (the main sources used for planters). Most of the raised beds and planters we sell are made from recycled wood (we use new wood for the parts that require strength). Go Green and help save the planet. Our planters are beautiful, really strong, and the cheapest you will find. And when you consider the recycling effect and how your purchase will help shift consumerism away from the destructive "more stuff" mentality, the cost to you is really low and the cost to the planet shifts from high to low. Imagine the health benefits for you, for your family, friends, neighbors, and for the planet.
Everyone growing their own organic food - Go Green - Just Do It.
To start construction we need a deposit of $20 per box.
Email Steve with the size and wood type for each box :
- length, width, height;
- floor or no floor,
- reclaimed wood, new cedar, new redwood
Call Steve to talk about the details ...